Be the most trusted option
- Be honest
- Be authentic
- Don’t over promise
Staff as Customers
- Treat your staff as you would customers, customers will be treated asimarly
Hire for Fit
- Attitude is crucial, shared values key
Train and Create Standards
- People need training and retraining in what you stand for
Give Them the Tools
- Let people know what you expect of them
- Give them the equipment and tools to do it to do the job
- Give them the support to do it right
- Give appropriate praise and feedback
- Focus on outcome
- Create a simple dasboard measuring success
Employee as Owner
- Have to enjoy what you do and own it.
A Culture of Buzz
- Need to create a buzz
- What am I here to give?
- How can I serve?
These help develop relationship management
It’s all about filling the emotional bank account.
If you’re successful you should expect to be referred. Remember to ask for them, You need to do the spade work
Inbound v Outbound
Education is the key to referrala. Inbound is meeting the specific need of a client who then will refer. Even if this involves connecting people with services that can deliver their need more effectively.
Process to Deliver Consistency
Systems such as wikis, blogs etc. Can be used to deliver consistency.
- Simple tools aid processes.
The process of seeking referrals will by its nature lead to iterative improvements.
Jantsch, J. 2013, The referral engine : teaching your business to market itself. London : Portfolio, 2011.