Author: Baston, Helen;hall, Jenny Pages: 201 Size: 2.23 MB Format: PDF Publisher: Churchill Livingstone
Published: 17 April, 2017
Print ISBNs: PB: 9780702071003, 0702071005
The second edition of the popular Midwifery Essentials series continues to help readers understand and master a range of core issues safely and with confidence!
Written by leading midwifery academics, each book in the series provides a user-friendly source of information which has been fully updated throughout to reflect the latest evidence-base for current practice. Now with an improved design to make learning as easy as possible, each paperback in the series focuses on the importance of communication and contemporary women-centred care and presents helpful ‘scenarios’ to encourage debate and reflection.
The Midwifery Essentials series is ideal for all midwives – whether qualified or in training – and is also helpful to nurses and HCAs working in the maternity environment.
- Fully updated to provide a useful, friendly source of information
- Strong focus on contemporary women-centred care
- Designed to stimulate debate and reflection upon current practice, local policies and procedures
- Scenarios enable practitioners to understand the context of maternity care and explore their role in safe and effective service provision
- Helpful ‘jigsaw’ approach enables readers to explore specific topics from a variety of perspectives e.g. consent, safety and health promotion
- Explains the professional and legal issues surrounding clinical procedures
- Chapters designed to be read as a ‘standalone’ or in succession
- Emphasises the crucial role of effective communication
- Makes reference to the latest national and international guidelines
- Contains new scenarios to reflect recent changes in practice
- Improved layout aids retention and learning
- Fully updated throughout with the latest evidence base for clinical skills and procedures
- Embraces the principles of ‘Better Births’